Friday, April 6, 2007

spaced out

one of the highlights of my recent contract was the trip to NASA. i had always wanted to be a spaceman. so this trip was very special. it was really wonderful and informative. i took a tram ride around the campus. we went to the actual mission control centre that launched the appollo space crafts. we also saw the training area which had a mock up of the international space station. did you know that the ISS is continuously moving at around 5 miles/sec. it circles the earth 16 times a day. people on the space station get to see 16 sunrises and sunsets. awesome. romantic ? i should think so. somebody pleaseeee sponsor my trip to outer space.

6 comments:

Sandi said...

that would be pretty sweet to be able to go to outerspace. I am a chicken though, so I will just wait til you go and tell me all about it:)

I could contribute umm, about 2 bucks LOL

A said...

16 sunrises and 16 sunsets, thats more than one each hour?!!!!

Sandi said...

you are much braver than me! there is no way I am going to outer space.

Unfortunately I don't have any money to sponser you either, but do let me know when you get back to Earth :P

someonesgirl said...

Wow, I didn't know that. Thanx for that bit of info.

Consider me a sponsor..of the heart that is ")

-Cheers

ramblings said...

Hey ther Balls!

Guess what, I made it on!!
That trip to space sounds rightous!

DD said...

WOW !!